Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Evolution of a Room

Hi dolls! Trying out another new series today. It is really just to keep me accountable on working on my master bedroom, but will also show you how a room transforms, piece by piece.
Should be fun!

I am a little embarrased to show you the before and must give the disclaimer that I have done nothing in here besides buy a bed and finish a couple of nightstands. Otherwise, this room has had no love at all!



As you can see, we started with a plain (cheap!), white duvet and some pillows that came with the couch we bought... I know, I know. That really is ridiculous. Now that I think about it, I should have grabbed some pillows from the living room and threw them on there, but I am trying to keep it real here!

So remember last week when I blogged about the duvet from Lands End? Well it came in and I LOVE it! It is linen and makes the bed seem so much more luxurious.




Fun fact: The bottom of the duvet is actually the same color as the trim, which I totally love! You can turn it over if you want a little more color!



So are you on board with this series? Interested in seeing a new element of the master bedroom every week? I sure hope so, because it might be the only way I ever get it done!
We have a loooong way to go!

Up next week? Bed accessories!


Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your headboard -- it's so simple but lovely!

Oh - Fancy That.

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

I always love nailhead trim! :)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I LOVE your orange and white bedding - so striking! Thanks for sharing with us.

Helena said...

I think this series sounds awesome! I know I always get caught up in the idea of making everything perfect ALL AT ONCE but that's not real life. I can't wait to see this room evolve!