Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Before and After: Stairs

We finally got around to ripping off the old pinkish carpet from the stairs that lead to the basement. We decided to go the paint and runner route rather than re-carpeting them. It was really pretty easy!

I don't have any action shots but I think the before and after will do it justice! Here is what we started with...



ROUGH! I look back at pictures and wonder to myself what we were thinking??

But after a little elbow grease we have this:





Now as for the runner, it definitely is not something I would normally choose at all. But the price was right and we were in a rush to get it done so we could have pictures taken for the listing. In my next house? Hopefully a little leopard for the stairs!

Oh and just to keep it real, I came home to a hole in the carpet at the bottom of the stairs. Apparently Sassy Bones got a little hungry/bored while I was working and decided to EAT IT. Does this kind of stuff happen to anyone else or is it just me?



Pin It

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually LOVE the runner. I can't even believe how fab the 'after' is.... a traditional rug (while not always what I'm drawn to) always ends up being a good choice, I think!

Unknown said...

PS- where did you find that runner?? Is it all one piece or are there multiple rugs?

Lauren Johnson said...

Oh yeah... been there. Chewed that. Isn't it a great surprise?

Sarah Roads said...

I think the runner looks great. Plus,it will be a better choice if you decide to sell. Leopard will look fierce next time! Cute blog! xo

Michelle Wan said...

hi there , im having a Gucci giveaway check it out
http://mwanwan.blogspot.com
x

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

Great job!!! Love a good makeover, especially when it consists of ripping our carpet.

Shea Lennon said...

Wow, I think you did a great job--the stairs look so dramatic! And yes, I've been there too...came home one day to find a chewed coffee table leg. Oh, dogs.