Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guest Post: Joi from Nuestra Vida Dulce

Today I have Joi with us to share her coffee table and a few decorating tips! She has an adorable blog that is one of my favorite reads. Check it out here. Without further adieu, here is Joi's fabulous coffee table!





Don't you love it! Below she tells us where she got it all and a few tips for creating your own stylish coffee table!

-I scored the coffee table for $20 at a garage sale. It's been one of my favorite finds to date. : )

-I bought the wicker planter from West Elm, the tray is from HSN.com, the vases are from IKEA, the books are from various places, and the white bird is from Michael's, and the artichoke is from a local furniture store.

-My tips are:

1. Try groupings of items for a more cohesive look.

2. Use books without their covers. They look good and you usually have some lying around your home!

3. Bring in a tray to rope together your coasters, magazines, and remotes. It helps keep things grounded.

4. If you have room, add a plant. I love the look of wicker mixed in with a brass coffee table. The textures really play off of one another.

Thanks Joi!


Pin It

5 comments:

Chats with Jack said...

Hey Michelle-
just letting you know that I can't see the pictures. This happened to me before. If you can, copy the html code of the post and paste it into your blog. (then delete my comment.) :-)

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Great tips! That coffee table was a super find.

Joi said...

Thanks for having me over, Michelle!

: )

emily said...

That coffee table is amazing! Love it and Joi's tips!

Dana Gastelum said...

That coffee table is stunning! I can't believe she got that for only $20 - wow! I just found your blog and love it! I'm a new follower :)
Have a great night!
Dana
http://southerninspired.blogspot.com/