Saturday, February 6, 2010

Painting Mishap

With the whole vanity fiasco and having to order different color vanity tops (now a cream, yellowish marble), I decided to go a different direction with the paint color. I was thinking a light green because this bathroom poses a challenge since it gets no natural light at all. With the dark brown marble floors that we already put it, I wanted to keep the paint as light as possible. Well here is what I initially came up with...



It is pretty scary. Adam said, "It's not bad, I kind of like it," which means, "It isn't great but I really don't want to go through the trouble to pick out another color so lets just keep it the way it is." Well, I couldn't. This paint looks like the glow in the dark paint before it is glowing in the dark.

Today I went back out to Home Depot, True Value and Sherwin Williams to pick out a bunch of different swatches so I could look at them with the bathroom's light (something I should have done the first time). This is what I started with.



I then narrowed it down to these.



Finally, the final two.



Decision:
Behr Sage Tint for the walls (bottom in picture)
Behr Wisdom for the ceiling (top in picture)
Also, I am thinking I might want to paint the linen closet coral for a bit of fun every time we open the door. (I am going to need to go in search of that soon)



Pin It

No comments: